Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bias Tape on Sally Jo's Coat

I inherited several of my grandmother's pieces of clothing. This particular coat is a Wellington "Kashmiracle". The fabric feels like today's polar fleece. Ebay listings describe this coat as vintage. I decided to use it as an everyday car coat but discovered the hem needed attention. Proably dry rot!
















Above are lavender and blue double fold bias tape I made.
I originally thought the blue would work, until I realized the lining of the coat is purple. So lavender it was.






I machine stitched the bias tape to the edge of the coat fabric, then turned it up and hand stitched it to the interior of the coat.

Now I have a clever casual little pop to the inside of my grandmother's "vintage Kashmiracle" coat!


No comments:

Post a Comment